WE ARE HIRING!
We are expanding our team and are looking for a Senior VP of Marketing/CMO to join our Marketing team in our San Francisco office.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary, stock options, and health benefits
- Professional development and collaborative environment
- Startup culture with modern offices
- Flexible work schedule and dog friendly
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Senior Vice President of Marketing/CMO, you’ll report to the CEO and serve as the architect responsible and accountable for executing the company’s worldwide marketing efforts.
The/Studio’s vision is to unlock the world’s creativity by making manufacturing as easy as an e-commerce transaction. Manufacturing today is a painstaking process that is filled with obstacles. We are looking for a marketing leader that is passionate about educating companies, brands and individuals about a new way of sourcing and manufacturing products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Continuously develop best-in-class marketing strategies and tactics to build an expansive “larger-than-life” positioning, recognition and awareness for the Company. This will include market assessment and segmentation, messaging, competitive analysis, product positioning strategies, and product launches for its complete innovative product portfolio. S/he will also have responsibility for development of the productivity tools including continuous training as required to maintain the competitive selling edge for The/Studio’s sales team
- You’ll drive Demand & Lead Generation strategy supporting the Company's revenue goals, increasing sales pipeline and accelerating the deal process
- Establish, implement and track innovative, creative, aggressive, highly competitive, proactive and reactive, short and long-range product marketing plans, strategies and tactics in support of the company’s profitable revenues and market share goals. S/he will also partner with the CEO and exec team in developing and continuously evolving the company’s strategies
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications and branding strategy, including refining the message of “Who is The/Studio”, and clear and effective articulation of The/Studio’s unique value propositions ensuring its consistent internal and external communication, traction and staying power. This leader will continuously strive to grow and maximize The/Studio’s brand
- Market opportunity analysis and understanding of where customers are coming from, and maintain monthly customer metrics (customers by region, size of customers, key industries)
- Launch planning and management for new and existing applications/solutions, working closely with product management and the other marketing disciplines.
- Market, field, and partner intelligence feedback loop, including public/analyst relations support
- Sales training and enablement: assist sales enablement team in creating content and training sales on effective positioning, messaging, and competitive landscape, positioning and messaging
- Ensure that product messaging and corporate messaging are aligned and jointly support the company’s success in introducing new products into new markets
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 12+ years of enterprise solutions marketing experience ideally in developing, implementing and supporting enterprise products sold directly, as well as through channel partners. Experience should cover all facets of marketing including corporate marketing, corporate communications, branding, demand generation, field marketing, product management, product marketing, etc.
- Experience in successfully positioning a company for significant increased business opportunities/revenue growth. Experience taking strategic plans and vision and turning that into a message, which sales organizations can take to market, realizing measurable and profitable growth in previous positions as a result of this effort
- You are a leader with tremendous drive, intelligence and capability. You are highly motivated and have the ability and desire to drive real impact across the organization
- You are a multi-dimensional thinker who operates not only on the basis of important past experiences, but in light of new approaches and developments that occurs in the market
- Previous experience both at domestic US and international
- Successful in delivering enterprise and technology solutions, computing and/or call center WW customer base. S/he should be a proven strong leader, able to think strategically but also have a hands-on management style, with a track-record of delivering breakthrough/transformational results and should be able to help develop and achieve a plan for establishing The/Studio as the undisputed leader within its targeted marketplaces
- S/he will have a track record of building, developing, inspiring, motivating and managing marketing teams, and will be able to work effectively in partnership with the other executives and departments of the company. As a key member of the marketing team, strong rapport and excellent personal chemistry with the other executives is very important
- Bachelor/Masters in Business Admin or related field
- Open to travel 25%
YEAR ONE SUCCESS FACTORS
- Demand Generation: Drive and increase marketing impact and grow the pipeline by over 65% world-wide through an integrated program of SEO/SEM, multi- touch email, content marketing, online advertising, events, and inbound/outbound telesales efforts
- Product Marketing Acumen: In an environment where product marketing needs to spend more time with customers, the VP of Marketing with his/her experience as a product manager and managing product messaging will be capable of uncovering customer preferences as well as what will differentiate The/Studio’s products in the marketplace
- Message Clarification/Brand Equity Creation: In an environment where there is message clutter in the marketplace, quickly understand and leverage The/Studio’s competitive differentiation, advantages and unique value proposition to develop/enhance The/Studio’s distinct message and positioning. The VP of Marketing should provide consistency with regard to what the strategic direction of the company is and how that translates to the organization’s external market message. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to discuss relevant experiences where it has been necessary to clarify an organization’s strategy by creating a more clear go-to-market message that supports the strategic plans and direction of the company in the external marketplace
- Solutions Marketing Acumen: Uncover customer preferences as well as what will differentiate The/Studio’s solutions in the marketplace. Supporting activities will range from creating presentations, white papers, case studies, business cases and marketing support programs to stimulate market interest in the The/Studio portfolio as a key enabler of assigned applications. In addition to creating all related programs and support materials, this position will be responsible for presenting and representing The/Studio’s solution capabilities to existing and prospective customers, strategic partners as well as presenting at various public speaking venues. The primary role of this position will be to develop and lead all marketing support activities regarding the The/Studio portfolio and support of applicable services
- Leadership, Motivation, and Retention: Attract, inspire and continuously motivate world-class marketing professionals, including creating a career path for talented marketers, and detailing their ability to establish The/Studio’s a destination for great marketing talent
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA