Who Are We
The/Studio Technology Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The/Studio is a fast-growing company on a mission to create more equality in the world by empowering all individuals to pursue their entrepreneurial spirit. Our platforms (www.thestudio.com & www.suppliedshop.com) connect businesses with the best factories, giving them easy access to reliable inventory and capability to easily design and manufacture inspiring products. Our headquarters are in Los Angeles, California, but we are a truly global company with team-members across U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific.
What We Need
We are seeking an experienced executive to lead People & Culture during an exciting period of growth for the company.
As our Head of People Success, you will be a key leader at The/Studio responsible for developing a world-class employee experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Your focus will be on finding and developing talent; creating exciting career paths; and fostering an environment of high-performance, innovation, and passion that will help the amazing members of our team flourish. You will have overall responsibility for directing our efforts in human resources, recruiting, diversity & inclusion, learning & development, and various cultural initiatives. You will develop strategies and implement programs that inspire, motivate and develop our employees, and you will be a major champion of our culture and values.
What You'll Do
- People operations: own all people operations processes including performance review cycles; compensation reviews and planning; benefits administration; legal and regulatory compliance as it relates to employment etc., and as we scale ensure that we evolve our processes appropriately.
- Employee development and retention: develop and execute all learning and development initiatives and help drive a high-performance, high-growth mindset that focuses on career development and growth.
- Recruiting and talent acquisition: in partnership with hiring managers, run our recruiting and talent acquisition activities including defining and implementing strategies to attract, hire, and retain top talent across the company with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive team.
- Cultural champion: be a champion of our culture, helping the team understand and live our core values through effective programs that promote morale while achieving our company goals.
- Trusted advisor: be the trusted advisor to the leadership team, holding all managers to a high-quality standard.
Who You Are & What You'll Bring
- Experienced people operations executive with 5-10 years hands-on experience across the full range of human resources functions
- Self-directed leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and is excited to scale our team and company
- Excellent project manager with a proven ability to design and implement people operations strategies that drive business results
- Natural coach and mentor with an ability to foster relationships with all levels of the team, to relate well with others, to listen effectively, and to help employees at all levels achieve their development goals
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Highly ethical individual with unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues with complete discretion and confidentiality
- Data driven decision-maker with the ability to advocate for investments in people operations strategies from an ROI perspective
- Highly curious individual with a growth mindset
- Sound knowledge of legal HR compliance matters. Knowledge of Philippines employment laws and regulations required. Knowledge of China & US employment laws a plus
- Minimum BA/BS degree. HR certifications a plus
- Prior experience at a rapidly scaling startup is a plus