WE ARE HIRING!
We are expanding our team and are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to join our Product team in our San Francisco office.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary, stock options, and health benefits
- Professional development and collaborative environment
- Startup culture with modern offices
- Flexible work schedule and dog friendly
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Senior Product Manager, you’ll deliver the right mix of software products and services to our enterprise users and their factory partners. Establishing The/Studio as the on-demand platform for Custom Design Manufacturing is a critical part of our growth strategy, and you will play a high-visibility role in helping us shape this vision and execute toward it. You should be comfortable in a hands-on, collaborative and flexible environment, with the ability to manage product specs, people, and stakeholders while meeting aggressive deadlines.
You'll work closely with our Production, Factory, Product, Design, and engineering teams to design, develop, and launch high impact features for our suite of Cloud and Mobile/Desktop based products.
You'll understand our factory needs and translate them into specs and user stories. You'll have a strong understanding of modern APIs, distributed systems and architectures, eCommerce platforms and back office systems.
- Dynamic, creative and innovative thinker with strong writing skills
- Great communicator, love problem solving and working with multiple teams
- Self-starter. You work independently, keep yourself on track and on schedule, and communicate your progress as you go
- Experienced at juggling multiple projects and working with a product portfolio
- Familiar with product analytic tools, Google Analytics, Usertesting.com and similar
- Proven experience in building web/desktop/mobile applications and deploying high availability solutions on cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Working knowledge of client/server, desktop, mobile, database, and development tools
- Experienced in agile development methodologies and can be a champion and coach for driving best practices
- Technical expertise. You're not expected to write code, but you need to speak engineering
- Experience with developing big data, integration, analytics or AI products is a plus
- Proven track record for delivering high impact product features
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll manage The/Studio’s unique value proposition, positioning & messaging as it appears across the company’s new website, sales collateral, blog, client support materials, and more
- Manage all external content projects and programs – blog, guest posts, RFPs, sales collateral, etc. You’ll need to write core information and work with other teams and contractors to adapt to different audiences
- Product launch plans and sales training programs
- Sales team education on product, market, competition, objective handling
- The company’s understanding of the customer decision-making processes, along with critical business issues in existing and new markets
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years experience in product management with a (B2B) SaaS or software company
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand technology and explain it to a non-technical audience
- Ability to drive cross-team collaboration across countries, cultures and time zones within our diverse organization
- Work in a fast paced, startup environment where you’ll be challenged with new twists and turns everyday
- Travel to our Factory partners in China 1-2x per quarter
- Experience working in the Fashion and Apparel industry, or selling software to designers and fashion labels is not required but HIGHLY desirable
- Bilingual in Mandarin/Cantonese Chinese is a plus
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
ABOUT THE/STUDIO: We are building a company that could be equivalent in scale and relevance to Amazon. Sounds like an exaggeration — but let us explain:
Amazon (and e-commerce in general) have completely disrupted the "last mile" — from ordering products easily to getting those products delivered to your door. But the "first mile" in the supply chain, where the product is actually produced, hasn’t changed in over a hundred years. In spite of that, its value of this market is immense and only keeps growing. Fashion / apparel manufacturing alone is a $1.2 trillion industry.
We've built an on-demand manufacturing platform (manufacturing-as-a-service) that meets the needs of the 21st century economy. We bootstrapped our way to a $15M run rate and closed a $10M Series A with a top-tier Silicon Valley VC. We believe we can create enormous value and literally change the world by making fast-turn, low volume manufacturing accessible to everyone.